cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot input date to web form (such as log in) to many web application.

PetrPrůcha
Level 2
Hi,

I am trying to log to Facebook or Airtable I launch my browser (chrome version 99) I find my elements with spy mode. I use writer to write the values to the input fields but the writer do not put properly the text into the field. 
Because when I press log in button it says wrong email because the email disappear when i click log in.

35002.pngSo any ideas how to fix or how to make some work around?
thanks 
Petr
1 REPLY 1

Hi Petr,

This happens when the web text actually doesn't really gets set up in the element properties. It might seem to you that it's written but the value attribute of that element actually doesn't get set. This happens a lot when using writer stage. In such scenarios, your workaround can be to use a Navigate Stage instead, there you can click on the element where you want to type using the 'Click' action on the element where we need to type. Then you can add another action in that stage where you can use the 'Global Send Keys' action and send the text as an input for the root node of the application modeller. Please find the below screenshot for more details:

35001.png

So here I have used three Global Send Keys action as you can see on the root node, where the first action is used for clearing any content that already might be present. It is optional. For this you can send a simple command like: "{HOME}+{END}{DEL}" This is equivalent to Home then press Shift + End and then press Delete.

Second command is the where I send my text and I am providing a delay of 0.2 seconds to make it stable.

Third command I am sending the following text: "{TAB}" It will be equivalent as that of pressing a Tab character on keyboard.

Using Global Send Keys, you can perform the keystrokes as that a person does manually. This should work in your case.
----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

----------------------------------