cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object level my written Action code is working but, when i called from process it is not working

DharmeshkumarBh
Level 3
Hi All,

I'm new to blue prism and I'm having issue while calling object action from process. both Object and Process are specific to my automation. I'm not getting any error while calling from process Action is working as expected when executing from object studio.

I'm using latest blue prism 6.8 version.

Please let me know the solution if you face similar issue.

Thanks,
Dharmesh
10 REPLIES 10

david.l.morris
Level 14
What is the error you're getting? If your object is manipulating the User Interface, then it could be a speed of execution issue. The operations run faster when called from a process than typically when you just run from in the Object. Check that you have conditional waits between page loads and navigation and such.

------------------------------
Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Thank you Dave for quick response.

I'm not getting any error and even the action page is not even start so, yet no manipulating of any user interface. i thought that i'm passing some collection from process to object and that the issue so i removed the collection object as parameter from object but still same issue.

Thanks,
Dharmesh

Dharmeshkumar Bhamre

It would be great if you could give us more details .try explaining in detail on your issue and what you are trying to achieve

Sharaz KM
Associate
EY
Europe/London

Hi Sharaz,

Thanks for your quick response.

I'm getting input data in excel sheet as header and details worksheet. from process i'm reading the both worksheet header data and detail data.Header data i'm adding to queue. in process i'm fetching the Header data from the queue and then filter the data in collection based on primary key from header. the object required only details data which i'm passing as collection. Max row in this details are not more than 25.

Object is navigate to target system and update the status based on the details data collection and submit.

All logic working as expected Separately but from object which update the details is not working from process without any error notification.

Thanks,
Dharmesh

Dharmeshkumar Bhamre

Hi Dharmesh ,

Thanks for your description. Did you try debugging the system like - start from the process . instead of running - do the debugging step by step . once it reach the object from the process , step into object and see all the argument values are coming rite when entering into object from a process. if yes - go on with debugging . see how it works different when compared to debugging within object and not starting from process. i hope this will help you to at least get the rite error scenario / Error details

Sharaz KM
Associate
EY
Europe/London

Thank you Sharaz,

Yeah, I tried to debugging and got below screen.

735.png
But, don't know whats the issue.

Dharmeshkumar Bhamre

Hi Dharme ,

Please let me know on which stage of the process you got error . Possibly the object action and the details you have provided etc. good to have more screen shots. Also did the arguments came to object without any error ?

Sharaz KM
Associate
EY
Europe/London

Hi Sharaz,

Please find the screenshot of Process where i'm getting error and action.

744.png
Thanks,
Dharmesh

Dharmeshkumar Bhamre

Hi Dharma ,

I don't know how much i would be able to help you with the limited details. But i suspect this is mainly related to collections .

Please check if the error comes when you are trying to write details to an empty collection or not ?. If you are doing any action related to collections - either the destination collection should have same columns of source collection with a blank row in place to accept the incoming rows or  invalid output arguments at the end of the object. 

Unless you provide all the required details, i wont be able to help you more on this 

Thanks

Sharaz KM Senior RPA Consultant
Senior RPA Consultant
EY
Europe/London