cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can my HTML element can be identified in Application Modeller but not at runtime? (BluePrism)

AlexCummaudo
Level 2
Hi all,

I'm pretty new to Blue Prism, and trying to pick up the basics.

Playing around with the Blue Prism resources website (i.e., the introductory labs + blogs), I can successfully spy all <div> elements whose class name includes blog-item via the regular expression .*blog\-item[^s].*, using a dynamic Match Index to parameterise which blog post is used:

Application modeller settings

My Application Modeller (see below) is able to pick this up when the Match Index is set to 3 or more when I highlight it:

Highlight of element works

At runtime, I'm able to use a Wait stage to check if the element with the n'th Match Index exists (using a Data Item [Result Index] which is incremented). Below are the properties for the Wait stage:

enter image description here

This works where [Result Index] equals 1 or 2...

But as soon as [Result Index] increments to 3 or more, the element cannot be found and the Wait stage timeout occurs, despite it being highlighted by the Application Modeller:

If anyone can allude to a reason why this might be occuring or help me debug why the Dynamic match isn't occuring, that'd be great as I'm stumped on this.

Thanks,

Alex

------------------------------
Alex Cummaudo
2 REPLIES 2

Espen
Level 3
This is a bug introduced in version 6.7.

I have reported it and gotten the following reply:

"You can watch out for this fix within the release notes under reference BG-6464. Until then, it is recommended to continue using the workaround of selecting a different set of match attributes."

Espen

Thanks for your reply Epsen! I look forward to
the fix.

------Original Message------

This is a bug introduced in version 6.7.

I have reported it and gotten the following reply:

"You can watch out for this fix within the release notes under reference BG-6464. Until then, it is recommended to continue using the workaround of selecting a different set of match attributes."

Espen Tornaas Berntsen
Developer
Sparebank 1 Østlandet
Europe/London