cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

browser extension was not detected after upgrading BP from 6.8 to 7.1

vamsi.madathula
Level 4
When I try to run at the launch stage this browser extension was not detected is popping up. I tried solutions provided in the BP community (installing extensions from Mircosoft edge, adding and removing extensions, repairing blue prism in the control panel) for some resources (bots) installing new extensions worked. some didn't work.
FYI:  
"The browser extension was not detected. please check that it has been installed and enabled. for more information, see the browser extension user guide.

------------------------------
vamsi madabathula
14 REPLIES 14

browser version :108.0.1462.5 

895.png

vamsi madabathula

3rd one you didn't I guess

Plz check below and compare with your BOT

899.png

Thanks
Prasanth
Software Engineer | RPA Developer
Thanks Prasanth Software Engineer | RPA Developer

hi prasanth,

Could you please tell me how to navigate to the timeout configuration window?

Regards,
Vamsi M

vamsi madabathula

My bad I guess V7.1 does not have Options to control the time, I believe you can try from service worker.js

It something an issue with your NHM and edge Policy. One query I should ask this first itself sry for the delay

When you're getting this BROWSER NOT DETECTING Issue like while debugging or in the control room

If it's the control room you should add the static wait stage (10-15sec) after opening the search engine and before closing the search engine 

I knew you did plz do once again sing out your machine entirely (all users should sign out if you have a shared machine) don't restart only sign out

Then sign In and open the task manager if any search engine instances are opened (chrome, edge, all should kill plz don't think I'm using edge so I don't need to kill the chrome Plz kill all) might have a chance to run in the background. So plz kill it 

909.png

Plz check the service worker status (active or not). Also plz check the edge policy, If you can plz provide a screenshot

Try this command [URL (Text)] & " --force-renderer-accessibility"

After all the steps still not working then Plz check in chrome still not working then problem with your NHM and policy conflict

Let me know once done!

Thanks
Prasanth
Software Engineer | RPA Developer
Thanks Prasanth Software Engineer | RPA Developer

DavidAnderson
Level 3
I had the exact same issue on both a complete new install of 7.1 and an upgrade. I can't get "launching" edge to work at all in 7.1 via a browser object. I tried every suggested fix.

I had to create a separate object using "windows application" instead of "browser application". I now launch using the windows application object and then after separately attach and run everything the same using the browser object.

As far as I can tell Edge launching is broken on 7.1 via browser object

David Anderson