cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Character not working with the Mainframe interface

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
I thought I would share a recent internal discussion between Blue Prism consultants. One of my colleagues could not send specific keystroke to a Mainframe emulator using our built in hllapi interface: Firstly - if you are having issues with the Mainframe interface, make sure you have read your Mainframe Automation guide on the portal first. Sending keystrokes to a mainframe are slightly different, you either just us a write stage for sending text, or you use a navigate stage with global send keys to send control keys (such as @E or {ENTER} for sending enter). If there is a specific key that you are unable to send it is most likely the cause of how the hllapi interface has been implemented on the mainframe itself - all that Blue Prism does is wrap that standard interface. You will have two potential options to send the problem keystroke: 1. Create a second Win32 windows interface just for attaching to the mainframe and sending that one keystroke. I had a problem sending the £ symbol once and this is the technique I used. Every time my object detected some text containing the £ symbol needed to be sent it called my second windows object to send the £ symbol using Global Send Keys. 2. Your other option is to play around with the keyboard mapping within the mainframe emulator itself. Some mainframes have a feature that allows you to map a characcter to a different keyboard key - so simply map the problem key to a different keyboard key that you are not using and experiment with sending that keystroke.
0 REPLIES 0