cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spyng mode not available

MariaKihlberg
Level 4
Hi, I have issues with accessing spying mode when building a web-based application (for a travel & expense registration system). I have managed to launch the exe. file, but when having done so, the option of identifying elements does not appear as it usually does. Does anyone have any suggestions of how I can get around this problem and access the functionality of spy mode? All the best Maria
3 REPLIES 3

MariaKihlberg
Level 4
I'm afraid that does not work. I also tried adding an attach stage, but I get the message ""Internal: Failed to perform stage 1 in Navigate stage 'Attach' on page 'Launch xx' - Target application could not be identified. Do you by this additional information have any clue about what the issue might be? I get the exact same problem when I try the same actions with opening and spying Internet Explorer. All the best Maria

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
I presume you have selected the option in the Application Wizard to interface with a Browser (rather than a Windows app). If so the cause of your issues will be due to IE spawning multiple processes and you are connected to the wrong one. The answers to how to solve this is already provided in the product help and online learning guides (that all new users should make sure they are familier with). I recommend that you read the following if you have not already: Search for 'Troubleshooting' in the product help (Help-Search menu option) and select the Troubleshooting - Browser Integration page Download and read the 'Browser Automation Guide' on the Portal (found in Learning/Guides) These resources will tell you about setting the TabProcGrowth registry setting so that IE remains in a single process, and also about the Child Index input parameter (try it set to 0,1 or 2) when attaching. You will need to experiment with these settings to fix your issue. You may have to detach and reattach to your process if a different child index is required.

Thanks for your advice, I now managed to solve it. All the best Maria