cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple errors when using the Excel VBO

h_rojas_del_cas
Level 3
Good day everyone. I've been trying some automatization process with Excel using the Object provided with BP, but it has proven to be one of the most volatile software I've used. Recently while trying some of Excel VBO actions I've been obtaining the error "object variable or With block variable not set." way to many times. The wierd thing is that sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't(most of the time). I can't make a reliable automatization since the Object works randomly. Can someone help me with this? I have no idea what is causing this error everytime and every possible solution I find seems to work just once before the error appears again, becoming quite a frustrating experience. Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Hello, It is probably worth contacting your mentor or lead developer with the specific example you are having trouble with (send him/her your excel file and what you have built so far). It is worth ensuring you are using all the required actions to create an instance of Excel before opening your workbook. Process Examples - Files contains an example of how to correctly open and read data from an Excel file (the examples are found in the Resources/Templates area of the Portal).

h_rojas_del_cas
Level 3
Hello. Sadly I don't have a mentor since I'm the only one developing a Proof of Concept for a Bank. With the results I'm getting, it appears that BP won't be the software to use. Thanks anyways.

SamanthaShaw
Staff
Staff
Hi I'm sorry to hear you are struggling with the Excel VBO. If you have specific issues and errors that you need assistance with, then I would recommend logging these with support. We do our best to monitor the forums here at Blue Prism and respond where we can, but if you have a problem with the software itself, that you require tracked support from Blue Prism staff for, you should email your query to support@blueprism.com to guarantee a response. Sam

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Hello, all new users should have a mentor available to them after completing thier training. Either a more experienced Lead Developer internal to your organisation or if you are a new Blue Prism client, you should have a Blue Prism mentor available to whoever your Lead Developer will be to help with just such issues. Please contact your manager to find out exactly who should be supporting you with your Proof of Concept and who your Lead Developer is (if it is not yourself). As a side note, have you seen the process examples distributed with the process templates on the portal. One of the examples (either the files or work queues one) has an example of the basic steps required to read in an excel file.