cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access XML files

sskodithuwakku
Level 3
I want to get data from XML to excel file. There is any VBO for XML file access?? If not, how can I access XML files???
7 REPLIES 7

jgreaves2
Level 4
Hi sskodithuwakku, The Excel VBO allows quite a diverse function when opening files. One of our processes opens an HTML file within Excel which I believe wont be too dissimilar to what you are trying to achieve, what you will have to bear in mind is formatting. If you open an Instance of Excel and then use the Open Workbook function with the full file name (including .XML) then you should be able to open the file in Excel without any problems. Let me know how you get on.

TomBlackburn1
Level 7
sskodithuwakku, To add to the fray - There is also a 'Utility - XML' object available by Blue Prism should you wish to manipulate the XML file data prior to importing to excel. Tom.

Hi James.Greaves, I used Open Workbook function it's working but the problem is my XML data contain ""&"" sign so their is an error occurred .error: ""File cannot be opened because: Whitespace is not allowed at this location.

Hi Tom, 'Utility - XML' is not avilable in my VBO folder how can I download Utility - XML VBO. Thanks.

Hi, sskodithuwakku Can you let me know if you have a Business Object called : 'Excel XML'? Also have you got an example of the name of the file you are trying to open? i.e. how the ampersand sits within the file name.

TomBlackburn1
Level 7
sskodithuwakku, I was supplied this VBO by a Blue Prism mentor. Suggest you raise a ticket with Support and they should make it available on your portal to download or send your the file maybe. Tom.

HI Tom, Thanks for your advises.