cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMI error occurred in WaitStart Stage 'Wait for document to load' on page 'Loign' - External AppMan reader thread exited before response from query - ERROR

Manoj_KumarBeva
Level 4
Hi All,

When I am logging-in to web application in production got below error

AMI error occurred in WaitStart Stage 'Wait for document to load' on page 'Loign' - External AppMan reader thread exited before response from query

from the past one week we didn't face this issue in same machine. After getting this issue we re-ran it, then its working fine.
Does anyone have idea about it?

------------------------------
Manoj Kumar Bevara
Consultant
Asia/Kolkata
3 REPLIES 3

JohnCowell
Staff
Staff
Hi Manoj,

From our KB article section on the portal this is covered as follows:-

When an application runs in one of the external modes, a separate Process is started to control the target application and isolate it from the main Process. Blue Prism maintains a connection to this Process, which it uses to send commands to and receive responses from the target application. 

However, if the target application becomes unstable or freezes, this can bring down the separate Process and cause Blue Prism to lose connection with it. As a result, the following error message (or similar) is displayed:

"ERROR: Internal : AMI error occurred in WaitStart Stage 'Wait for startup' on page 'Startup' - External AppMan reader thread exited before response from query."

As this did not occur again it was likely due to some environmental issue at the time with the application and/or machine.

John Cowell
Senior Software Support Analyst
Blue Prism
John Cowell Senior Software Support Analyst Blue Prism

Thank you BP team for providing the information.

Yes, this issue seems like very rare one. I encountered same error today when the process was running in External 64bit mode. the process terminated with the error "Internal : AMI error occurred in WaitStart Stage CheckHomePage on page Launch - External AppMan reader thread exited before response from query". 

Is there any way to find what environment issue would likely cause this error? please advise.

Prashant Boga

Hello John

Thanks for the information.
I am facing the same issue with one of the processes.  Bot fails with this error message in Production.
Scenario 1. Bot fails with this exception. All I do is launch and close Chrome manually from Desktop and trigger the bot and it works just fine. I have tried triggering the bot without launching Chrome but it fails.
Scenario 2. If I launch and close Chrome manually right before the bot schedule time, it works just fine as well.

This is some weird behavior I am seeing because the bot launches Chrome from Program Files and not sure how does it matter if I launch Chrome manually from Desktop and then I came across this thread. Would you please help me what can I do to fix this issue.

Rachana