cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATTACH - works on the Second iteration and not the first why ?

SaurabhPalkar
Level 3
 I have constructed a 'Basic Actions' Object and 'Business Use' object both for a Web Application. 1) The Attach stage works well for the Basic Actions object. However for the Business Use object it works on teh SECOND iteration. From an understanding perspective, I would like to know why this is the case ?   Reference:   Basic Actions Object - has actions Launch, Login, Logout and Attach etc.   Business Use Object - has actions Attach, DoBusiness... etc.
7 REPLIES 7

Hi, spalkar, it is hard to tell based on information provided. How did you discovered it works for the second iteration? Desribe in more detail the sequence - when you launch, then you immediately call Do Business or how it works?

SaurabhPalkar
Level 3
Hi @zdenek.kabatek,    When I execute the Attach for the business object, ( See attached image). This is the Attach page. The first time 'Attach' stage is called it fails. I try it a second time and then it works.  ( So my question is why does this happen)  

MichalSzumski
Level 6
Hi spalkar,   Could You collect error info and provide? It may help.   Best regards Michal

SaurabhPalkar
Level 3
There is no error.   The IsConnected? decision stage returns a no.

pranavred
Level 6
I noticed in a few cases, it takes more a fraction of a second for the application to load. When running through control room, 'Attach' action could called way too early. Have you tried in debug more if it works without retrying? 
Pranav

Well, hard to tell even after the information you provided. I assume that you call a process, from a process you call Basic Actions Object and Launch, right? Then you call Business Use Object attach. And after this sequence of steps you are saying that attach works only during second attempt. Am I right? If this is the scenario then I do not have any explanation because it should work fine. May be if you can show us the log file that could shed some light on the issue you are facing.

SaurabhPalkar
Level 3
By Re-trying to attach, I see that it always works. So I have moved forward now by just re-trying the attach a second time.