cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Should start by loading items it to queue

NagaYaparla
Level 4
Hi, My bot don't have any Queue but I want know how much time bot has ran any exception or completed so need to incorporate Queue; Item Key=Process, Status=Complete or Exception; add to queue only if session variable = true. don't have idea on this if anyone knows please reply to this post. Thanks in Advance...
5 REPLIES 5

BenKirimlidis
Level 7
Depending on your process, it might be work creating a queue. That said if you are working through a collection of items inside the process without a queue is probably some specific point where you loop through them. - Identify the start and end of each 'item' or maybe add a note that includes the work item ID, START/END, and a timestamp - Extract the log - Remove all the columns except the start/end - use excel to get the time diff between the resource start of hte 'Start' event and the resource end time of the 'End' event. If you don't want to go extracting logs, if you have a mirror of the DB set up, you can query it directly: ------START OF MS SQL CODE use   XXXXXXXX;   -- Replace this with the name of your DB go   Declare     @SessionNumber as int; set         @SessionNumber = 999999;      --    Replace this value with the session number found in the control room   Declare     @ProcessName as varchar(60); set         @ProcessName = 'ABCDEF'; set         @ProcessName = 'Standing Orders - Main Process'   select                  LG.SessionNumber             ,LG.StageName             ,LG.ProcessName             ,LG.PageName             ,LG.StartDateTime             ,LG.EndDateTime             from  [dbo].[BPASessionLog_NonUnicode] as LG   --where     LG.SessionNumber = @SessionNumber --where     LG.ProcessName = @ProcessName ; ------END OF MS SQL CODE

BenKirimlidis
Level 7
in query above also need to change the value of @ProcessName to whatever is the name of the process you are interested in. in the WHERE clause you can use either @SessionNumber to look at a specfic run or the @ProcessName to look at the logs of every time that process was run. Then just work with that data set to get the start/end for each time and get the data from there

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Yaparla - 'My bot don't have any Queue' this is not Best Practice, you should almost always use a queue so that you have detail on what your process has been doing. https://portal.blueprism.com/products/vbos/queue-reporting

AmiBarrett
Level 12
While it is best-practice to utilize a work queue, you can also get around this with a custom reporting server. My previous team had the bot save off the start time for any item that needed to be worked, then add that to a JSON block for saving the disposition of that item. This JSON was the interpreted by an API we wrote to talk to our database. Each disposition would have the following fields: 1) Resource Name 2) Queue/Process Name 3) Ticket/Item Number 4) Status (IE Success/Fail/Verbose) 5) Detail (Detailed message for status) 6) Tag (Keywords to help track down the section of the process) 7) UNIX timestamp at time of report 8) Number of seconds spent 9) Number of estimated human seconds required to reach specific endpoint

NagaYaparla
Level 4
Thanks all..! I did different way, want to know how much time bot took that process to run, created defined collections with Process names and created work Queue for the main process assigned item key as Process name. adding Work queue in each sub-Process.