cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing Blue Prism server on a virtual machine behind a NAT

AliakseiHarasts
Level 2
Hi. I've got a VMware Workstation 12 Pro with one virtual machine that runs the Blue Prism server and multiple virtual machines with BP runtime resources. All virtual machines are configured to use NAT. VMware is configured to forward connections from 8199 port of the host machine to the BP server virtual machine's port 8199. Runtime resources connects with BP server and I'm able to run my robots on them, but when I'm trying to establish connection from BP interactive client on another physical machine to the server (I am connecting right to the physical host machine on which the VMware redirects connection to the vm with BP server) I keep getting the next error message: "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond" I saw this article https://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/knowledge-base/error-connection-attempt-failed-because-connected-party-did-not but it didn't solve my problem. Ports are opened and I can telnet connections, symantec firewall is disabled (I even uninstalled it and disabled windows firewall) and BP server is running. What I am doing wrong? Is it problem with NAT? If so, what options do I have?
5 REPLIES 5

JamesBarrett
Level 4
If I'm not mistaken, NAT is not supported. Page 9 of the Infrastructure Overview document available on the portal has a page on the Communication Summary between all components. There is a line on their saying .NET remoting does not support NAT. You would need to talk to your Technical Architect for more information.

Thank you! I suppose we don't have any technical architects... Is there any Blue Prism virtualization detailed guides available?

JamesBarrett
Level 4
Each client / Implementation Partner should have a Technical Architect. There are virtualisation guides but these need to be obtained from your Blue Prism Delivery Enablement Manager (DEM)

TetsujiJunicho
Level 9
I think next version 6, which is going to be released in this September, will adopt WCF instead of .NET Remoting and it will solve the NAT problem. Hope it helps.

Wow, thanks. Is there any officially confirmed information about it? Where I can read about new release?