cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action's "Start" stage hangs/freezes before continuing eventually

ChrisWiles
Level 3
One of the Actions that I use in my process hangs on the initial "Start" stage of its Business Object before going to the first step.  This is happening on the second time I use the same Action (same Name, but different Action/location in the process workflow).  Any ideas why?  I verified the first step after the "Start" stage is quickly identified in the Application Modeler.  I also do not see this happen when I set a breakpoint at that Action in the process, step into it, then "play" through the whole action before returning to the process.
6 REPLIES 6

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Could you give a bit more information about this - what type of application is this (windows/ie/browser/etc). what is the element type you are interacting with, what is the stage type just before it hangs and what does it do, have you turned on all logging in the object to be able to better trace the issue?

ChrisWiles
Level 3
The application is browser-based (uses IE11), with logging enabled on the objects.  The previous object waits for the document to load, then ends.  The hang is at the Start of the next process.  After the hang releases from the Start action, a Click Centre navigation action works as expected, without any delay.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
How bit is your object?  The only time I have seen hanging on calling an object is where it was truely enormous - our best practice taught in training (object design/lifecycle orientation) is to have lots of small objects. 

RajatSharma
Level 3
Hi chris.wiles IF your object is not a kind of enormous  and As you said while step by step Debugging it is working fine i would suggest you to use a Sleep stage before next process interchange starts and even you can try with adding some logically wait stages inside your objects. The reason being when we run from control room the process run at a quite faster speed than we debug it manually .   

ChrisWiles
Level 3
I believe the Start is waiting on a response from the browser before continuing.  My VBOs are not large.  Denis, when you asked if logging is enabled on the ""object"", what object do you mean?  rajatsharma, where can I find a Sleep stage? Below is an example of what is happening: Process Studio, Action1: Navigate: Click Centre on a ""Save"" button in the browser near the end of its object.  Doing so returns a paginated list of search result items in the browser (25 per page, but has 45k+ total items).  I have a Wait stage to check that the document is loaded, it continues to my manual Wait of 5 seconds, then goes to the End stage. Process Studio, Action 2: The Start stage begins, hangs for 1-2 minutes before successfully continuing to another Navigate: Click Centre action on a button. Is Blue Prism still waiting in the background somewhere for that large paginated result set to return?  I'm not sure to handle that... i.e. I would like to force it to stop loading after the first page, but I think it might be a conflict with how that browser based app handles queries of its data versus how Blue Prism handles continuing on when in ""Play"" mode.

ChrisWiles
Level 3
I ""fixed"" the hang by changing the process.  First, I changed it to check another item on the webpage exists, then clicked it just so the browser would stop loading the paginated data in the background.  I believe this was an issue with the browser application it was interacting with instead of just Blue Prism.