cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional alerts for scheduled processes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Since this is supposed to be "unattended" automation, I feel that there is a lack of control and alerts around scheduled processes. There is currently no way of creating an automated alert should a scheduled process fail to start at the allotted time due for example to a missing resource (eg. resource PC unavailable or missing/lack of available license). This means that if a process fails to start unless someone is positively confirming processes have started in control room it could get missed. Similarly it would be good if it was possible to set up automated alerts for overrunning processes. Whilst I know it is possible to add something to the process to send an alert, there are scenarios where the a process can get stuck in a loop etc. In this scenario there may be no alert from the process itself as if it is stuck in a loop it may never reach the steps to check how long it has been running for.
1 REPLY 1

IvanGordeyev
Level 5
Alerts are standard functionality of Blue Prism, given your licence allow them (check it by going to System Manager, System, Licence, View details of installed License). You can read more about alerts by clicking Help - Search - Alert. If you have a 'single sign on' set-up for your GAD group, then easiest way to run alerts is: Start - Run (WIndows Key + R) CD C:\- BLUE PRISM DIRECTORY-\ Then automate /alerts /sso if you are not set-up for single sign on, then please refer to the help section. In respect of the second point - regarding alerts for the processes that do not finish on time, I think it could be a valuable functionality, but not to fix bad design (unlimited loop) issues.