cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Load Balancing & Scheduling

JarrickVan_Camp
Level 3
Hi, It has been requested before, but up to this date I am struggling with load balancing in Blue Prism. A frequently asked question by clients, is whether we can have all the resources being used as efficiently as possible. In addition we also need to be able to assign priorities to processes where a certain process has to run between a specified timeslot. This last request is a hard one to achieve, yet possible to incoporate a functionality that enables clients to do this, of course depending on the amount of resources they have available. [REQUEST] Would it be possible to incorporate both functionalities of the active queue and scheduler, to have processes run within a specified timeframe? We assign a start time and an end time. The scheduler will then decide at runtime whether to add or remove resources from the task, to reach the targetted end date. It would be nice to have more flexibility with the scheduler. This way we can optimize the Robotic Taskforce at our clients with minimal interaction by end users. Kr,
6 REPLIES 6

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
You will be happy to hear that improvements to Active Queues are on the roadmap for the next 12 months. The Active Queues currently in the product (v5) are just a basic implementation upon which the product team always intended to add some intelligence. The improvements will allow Process/Queues/Resources to be linked, and queues to be worked based upon SLA and average item time calculations.

JarrickVan_Camp
Level 3
I'm really glad to hear that, but was already expecting something like this. Thanks for the answer!

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
If you want some kind of complex load balancing now you would need to design the solution yourself - potentially using a 'parent process' that evaluates the work in multiple queues and kicks off different processes based upon whatever logic you want to have.

Prasanna_Kumar1
Level 4
you can use blue prism command line switches , resource PC commands in conjunction with Power shell to make a powerful scheduler.

Hi Prasanna - I'm thinking about implementing this route. I am curious to see if you are able to successfully trigger a process in a resource PC from another PC (assuming all are connected through BP Control Room)? If yes, it's be nice if you can list here an example. Thanks!

Hi huy.trinhx, u can use the following command to execute a process: C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\AutomateC.exe /run /resource /dbconname /user