cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defer Item giving 9 hours back time

Hi,

We are trying to change the defer item, If I am using the now() function it is giving 9 hours back time. If I use local time () it is giving correct value while evaluating expression, but in the queue it is deferring to 9 hours ahead time. I am thinking it is because UTC time. Can anyone help how to change or convert the time into UTC time.

Thank you,

Sravya

4 REPLIES 4

Use utility Date and Time manipulation 

Action Local to Utc

Varad_Kale
Level 2

For the 'Defer' action, the time parameter has to be specified in the UTC time and local time values should not be used.

Are you trying to defer items to a specific time (Defer items until 10 AM) or are you trying to defer items by a specific amount of time (Defer items by 2 hours)?

For deferring items to a specific time for example 10 AM, you will need to convert 10 AM from your local time into UTC, and pass that value as input to 'Defer' action.

For deferring items by a specific amount of time for example 2 hours, you will need to use Now()+MakeTimeSpan(0,2,0,0), and pass that values as input to 'Defer' action.

Hi @Varad_Kale,

I have used same function, now() function returning 9 hours back time. If I use localtime() function it is showing correct time while evaluating, but when I run the action in queue it deferred to 9 hours ahead time.

any suggestions?

Thank you

sravya

@sravyachintham_19 

If you use LocalTime as an input for the Defer action, you will not get the expected outcome, you have to use UTC time.

What exactly is the outcome that you want? If you share that, it will be easier to suggest further.