cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx VBO

AnjaniSrikhakol
Level 2
Hi ,

I'm trying to execute Alteryx workflows via BP ,that's where I found "Alteryx -Gallery Actions VBO" on DX. On importing it we are getting following error 

'System.Xml.Serialization.IXmlSerializable' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced

I have tried to add "System.XML" to Namespace imports as google suggest but the above error still exist. Can you please let us know what kind of external reference I have to add in order to resolve this issue.I have also tried to  adding  system.data.dll over the internet but couldn't figure out which package I have to download.
Any pointer on this would be highly appreciated.

24428.png
24429.png

Page: Execute Request
Stage: Execute Request
Type: Error
Action: Validate
Description: Compiler error at line 0: The type 'System.Xml.Serialization.IXmlSerializable' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.
Repairable: No

------------------------------
Anjani Srikhakollu
5 REPLIES 5

Hi Anjani,

Can I check if you have you already placed the OAuthBase.dll in your BluePrism folder as per the user guide?

Shashank Kumar
DX Integrations Partner Consultant
Blue Prism
Singapore
+6581326707

@shashank.kumar280 yeah i have OAuthBase.dll in my BP folder.​

Anjani Srikhakollu

Hi Anjani,

I have a few questions:
1. Could you post the complete list of Namespace Imports that are in that VBO?
2. What version of Blue Prism are you using?
3. Have you changed/updated the Newtonsoft.Json.dll file in your Blue Prism program folder?

I am surprised to see an error about XML as this VBO does not do anything with XML. I tried to duplicate this error by downloading the asset, placing the OAuthBase.dll file, and importing the VBO, but I have no compilation errors like that. For reference, I am on v6.9.

My first suggestion would be to remove the VBO and re-download and re-import it new again.

If you were to address the error message directly: It implies that you should add "System.Xml.dll" to the list of External References. And maybe "System.Xml" and "System.Xml.Serialization" to the list of Namespace Imports. However, I'm not seeing why there would be a need to do that. The only Code Stage is in the "Execute Request" action. There is a call to JsonConvert.SerializeObject() on Line 61, but other than that, I don't see anything in there that is ambiguously referenced in a way that .NET would think it's looking for an XML namespace.

Charles Kovacs
Developer Consultant
Blue Prism
America/Chicago
Charlie Kovacs Sr. Digital Exchange Engineer Blue Prism Austin, USA

@CharlieKovacs

Appreciate your quick response on this. Adding External reference ​"System.Xml.dll" and adding "System.Xml" and "System.Xml.Serialization" to Namespace Import resolved my problem.

And also can you please provide me with an sample process which utilizes ​Alteryx VBO.

Have a great weekend.

Anjani Srikhakollu

Hi Anjani,

I did get an example process assembled at last and it is available for download on the Alteryx VBO Digital Exchange page (under Documents):
https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/116605/solution/blue-prism--alteryx-intelligent-analytic-automation

Cheers

Charles Kovacs
Developer Consultant
Blue Prism
America/Chicago
Charlie Kovacs Sr. Digital Exchange Engineer Blue Prism Austin, USA