cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error occurred whilst configuring Blue Prism localdb.

SureshRajendran
Level 2
Please help me to resolve the below issue.

An error occurred whilst configuring Blue Prism localdb.

BluePrism.DatabaseInstaller.DatabaseInstallerException: Unable to determine whether database exists - A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 50 - Local Database Runtime error occurred. Error occurred during LocalDB instance startup: SQL Server process failed to start.
)
at BluePrism.DatabaseInstaller.Installer.CheckDatabaseExists()
at BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.LocalDatabaseInstaller.get_DatabaseExists()
at AutomateUI.BPApplication.Start(String[] args)

12025.png

------------------------------
Suresh R
Senior Process Associate
Tata Consultancy Services
1 REPLY 1

chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Hello Suresh,

Question: Have you previously had Blue Prism setup and running on this computer?

Rationale for asking: This error has been reported a few times and up to now we've been unable to replicate to prevent it happening.  It seems to occur when someone setups up Blue Prism Trial or Learning Edition, then removes some of it and attempts to install it again.  The reason for my question is to understand whether you have received the error is a similar way to other people or there is something else causing the issue.

To resolve the issue, the following steps seems to have resolved for other people:

To completely remove Blue Prism from your system:

As its previously worked, I suspect when you clear down and reinstall, everything should work again.  I suspect that Microsoft SQL Server 2017 LocalDB thinks the Blue Prism instance and database is still there, but you have removed them from the file system.

It would be good for the community if you let us know how you get on.  This will help the next person who sees this error.

Tip: Another thread where I have mentioned the same resolution – Issue installing Microsoft LocalDB with Blue Prism Trial and / or Learning Edition

Admin note: This thread seems to be a duplicate of An error occurred whilst configuring Blue Prism localdb.

Chris Strong
Product Manager
Blue Prism