cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Angular doesn't activate on write

jasre
Level 3
I have a search form where I need to search for an item. The page is, as far as I can tell, written with the use of Angular. The text field where I enter the search criteria changes some attributes when you write manually in it. These changes are required in order to click the search button. However these changes does not apply when it is BluePrism writing in the text field. And therefore clicking the search button simply results in an error. Has anyone experienced anything similar? And more importantly, did you mange to solve it? I would love give you access to an example, but it is within a closed system.
2 REPLIES 2

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Application UIs are built for human interaction and sometimes it is necessary to make BP work in a more human-like way. The write stage does not use keystrokes and if the target app has in-built triggers that react to user input then chances are they won't be activated. The workaround is to use Send Keys (or maybe Send Key Events) in a navigate stage instead of the write stage.

jasre
Level 3
Thanks for your advise. I got it working by first using ""Click Centre"" on the text box and then ""Global Send Key Events"" with to enter the input in the text box.