cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning Column Fields

VladimirsCivcis
Level 2
Greetings, I came a cross issue that my head just cant decrypt at all. I want to add Fields in column like Column 1 to 12 but every time i want to add Column1 i got error that it`s already is there. Although if i add row in initial values ill get column1 as unkown data type but i did not even added that column in the fields in the first place. I will attach error. Maybe it will help more than what i wrote. " An error occurred while trying to save the collection field: The field 'Column1' already exists in this collection definition BluePrism.BPCoreLib.AlreadyExistsException: The field 'Column1' already exists in this collection definition at BluePrism.AutomateProcessCore.clsCollectionInfo.RenameField(String oldname, String newname) at BluePrism.AutomateProcessCore.clsCollection.RenameField(String oldname, String newname) at BluePrism.AutomateProcessCore.Stages.clsCollectionStage.ModifyFieldOperation(CollectionDelegateParams params) at BluePrism.AutomateProcessCore.clsCollection.PerformNestedValueOperation(CollectionDelegateParams params, NestedValueOperation op) at BluePrism.AutomateProcessCore.Stages.clsCollectionStage.PerformNestedFieldOperation(CollectionDelegateParams params, NestedValueOperation op) at BluePrism.AutomateProcessCore.Stages.clsCollectionStage.HandleFieldModified(clsCollectionInfo defn, clsCollectionFieldInfo oldFld, clsCollectionFieldInfo newFld) at BluePrism.AutomateProcessCore.clsCollectionInfo.OnFieldModified(clsCollectionInfo defn, clsCollectionFieldInfo oldFld, clsCollectionFieldInfo newFld) at BluePrism.AutomateProcessCore.clsCollectionFieldInfo.SetFrom(clsCollectionFieldInfo fld) at Automate.clsCollectionFieldListRow.EndEdit(ctlEditableListRow editRow) " Thank you Have a nice day/night Best Regards Vladimirs
2 REPLIES 2

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
I suspect this is because you have created an initial row and then added/removed more columns. It's probably a bug, but through experience I just try to avoid doing this. Just set the columns up first, then add the initial row(s). Or, delete all initial/current rows before modifying the columns - I think the trouble is that the column definition/initial row column structure/current row column structure get out of sync.

Yes it`s was a bug indeed. We had to refresh and reset and after that even restart BP in order to fix it. It`s all came to simple solution to * did you turn it on and off * kinda one. Thank you for the reply.