cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to split the data from 1 column to multiple Columns for the data in Collections.

Hi,

I got the data from Notepad and got it into Collections but it came in one row.

Now, I want to have this data into different columns.  below are the fields that came in a single column.

Division#  Contract#/     Name              Address Type  Change Field     Address-Old 

I want them in separate columns.  

Please help me how to do it.

------------------------------
Mohammed Abdul Shakeel
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Mohammed,

Please can you clarify how you are putting the data into a collection?

Can this be done via comma separated values at all?

Kind regards,

Beau

Beau Bray-Deacon
Customer Support Analyst
Blue Prism
Beau Bray-Deacon Customer Support Analyst Blue Prism

Hi,

I have got the data from Notepad using "Utility File Management-Read All text from File" and then used Split Utility to split the data "Page Wise".

Data is not separated by Comma and this is how it looks in the collections. Greatly appreciate your help on this.

16615.png

Mohammed Abdul Shakeel

Hi Mohammed Abdul Shakeel,

Are you able to resolve this?

Since you are able to read the data from notepad and split based on  some criteria. I will add some  additional steps in case if it helps
1) read the data from notepad using  (Utility File Management-Read All text from File)

2) Use Utility String VBO and Action - Split text ( Since its not comma seperated I will give input value char for this action as " ")

3) use utility collection maipulation  - remove empty rows  from split collection this will help to  remove all the empty spaces between the  words in the notepad also your collection now have one column with  8rows( These rows which you need to transpose as a column name in the datatable)

4) loop the collection  from the step3 ( Here in the screenshot  i used that collection as Split collection) and   between the loop 

Add  VBO - "Utility - Collection Manipulation" Action - Append Field Some thing like below screenshot 
And out paramter for this action also I used Final collection 

16616.png

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer"

Harish Mogulluri
Lead developer
America/New_York TX
----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]