cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach Issue

SimanchalaPatt1
Level 4
Hi Experts,

We are in a phase of migrating from Blue Prism V6.4 ~ IE to Blue Prism V6.10.4 ~ Edge.

We are facing below two issues with our current environment (Blue Prism V6.10.4 & Edge V104.0.1293)

1. The Extension used to remove by itself from the Edge even after adding manually.
2. For some server, even if the Extension is present, we are facing issue with "Attach" the target application.

Also kindly suggest on to choose 1. Edge ~ Blue Prism or 2. Chrome ~ Blue Prism. Bit explanation on this will be more helpful.

Thank you.

------------------------------
Simanchala Pattanayak
Lead Solution Advisor
Deloitte USI
Bangalore
2 REPLIES 2

HanumanagoudaTo
Level 2
Hi Simanchala,

Below are my thoughts on your issues.
1. The Extension used to remove by itself from the Edge even after adding manually.
--> Need to check your bot account access and group policies configured for controlling browser extensions. You can refer the below BP docs link
https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-6-9/en-us/Guides/chrome-firefox/chrome-firefox.htm?tocpath=Guides%7CChrome%252C%20Edge%252C%20and%20Firefox%20integration%7C_____0

2. For some server, even if the Extension is present, we are facing issue with "Attach" the target application.
--> Check if the use of fixed browser extension port(31924) checkbox is enabled and uncheck it if checked. This resolved the attach issues for me especially when I run the process in debug mode and in Control room on the same machine. You can find it in the System > Settings:
13957.png
This setting was provided for the older versions of BPE for browser automations. Where all the communications between BP and browser was channelled through the port - 31924. However the recent versions of BP uses a range of peripheral ports for this. Please keep in mind below scenario before you disable this setting.
Important : When your process relies on attaching to an instance of the Chrome, Firefox, or Edge that BPE did not initially launch via the Application Modeller, then enabling the setting above will allow your existing process to continue running.

Regards,
Gouda​

Hanumanagouda Totada

PvD_SE
Level 12
Hi Simanchala,

I had a similar problem that turned out to be caused by me having two BP extensions in Chrome. I assume the same could arise in Edge. In my case, removing or deactivating one of the extensions solved the issue for me.

Happy coding!
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)