cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Attach' issue regarding Outlook

Hi,

I have a process that is supposed to open a PDF document and send it to a customer. I am having trouble attaching to the email window and get this error:

"ERROR: Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Attach' on page 'Click send' - Target application could not be identified"

When I step through the process myself it works. The scheduled run is the problem, many jobs go on error but not all of them.

I am new to BP and would be grateful if someone could help me out.

Here is an example of how the Navigate Stage: Attach is today and how the pop-up email window looks like.
36786.png
36787.png

1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

JacobClary
Staff
Staff

Hello Erna, I hope you are doing well. 

I think since it works in debug mode when you step through the but it does not work in a scheduled run, the problem might be the timing. When running outside of debug mode, the process runs much faster than it will in debug mode. 

In this case, I think it would be helpful to add a static wait stage before attempting to attach. If the error is timing, a wait stage should give enough time for the program to appear and attach properly. 

I would also make sure to check on the failed scheduled processes that the window title is a match every single time. With the way your process is set up, if the window title doesn't have the exact Invoice window title, it will give this attach error. 

I hope this information is helpful. 

Jacob Clary Senior Product Support Engineer Blue Prism

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

JacobClary
Staff
Staff

Hello Erna, I hope you are doing well. 

I think since it works in debug mode when you step through the but it does not work in a scheduled run, the problem might be the timing. When running outside of debug mode, the process runs much faster than it will in debug mode. 

In this case, I think it would be helpful to add a static wait stage before attempting to attach. If the error is timing, a wait stage should give enough time for the program to appear and attach properly. 

I would also make sure to check on the failed scheduled processes that the window title is a match every single time. With the way your process is set up, if the window title doesn't have the exact Invoice window title, it will give this attach error. 

I hope this information is helpful. 

Jacob Clary Senior Product Support Engineer Blue Prism