cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Endpoint listening

StevenCooke
Level 4

My Blue Prism server was working fine and then I fiddled with something but cant recall what and now I have a 'BPServer.exe. results in error when trying to start the server service.

14001.png

My BPServer connection matches whats in the server configuration i.e.
14002.png

And in the server configuration

14003.png

14004.png
14005.png
If I click on manage permissions

14006.png

If I click on 'Edit'

14007.png

Nothing looks anything different to how it was. I usually start the server by command line

automate.exe /resourcepc /public /dbconname BPServerLP

and again thats always worked in the past. I've had a look in the event viewer but cant say it was very helpful

BPServer.ServerService

An error occurred while trying to start the server

System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: There was no endpoint listening at http://ha1714152:8199/bpserver that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details. ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it [::1]:8199

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)

at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context)

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpOutput.WebRequestHttpOutput.GetOutputStream()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

As far as I can see SOAP and address all match so stumped as to where the issue lies. Any guidance would be appreciated

Thanks

Steve

------------------------------
Steven Cooke
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi

Not sure I quite follow. I made no changes to anything like that and it was always working up to a couple of days ago. As I mentioned this was how the BP support techs set it up, to run via a command line. The connection name hasn't changed from what it always was and neither where it was pointing to..

I was able to resolve it though by deleting the BPServerLP connection and then re-creating it - it must have joined all the dots in the background because now it works fine.

thanks

Steven Cooke

View answer in original post

7 REPLIES 7

SegisPareja1
Level 3
Hi Steven,

It seems the BP Service is not running and for this reason the log indicates that there isn´t endpoint listening. In the 5th image you linked you can see that the status is "stopped":

13925.png
The command line that you indicated is to start de RPC no the server. Just try to access to the server and start de Blue Prism Service.

Hope this can help you.

Segis Pareja

Which BP Version are you using? And are you using Authentication server to login to BP?

If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer".

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. Consultant-Technical Lead

We have the exact same error after installing BP 7.1 on to a new server. It wouldn't start. 

There was no endpoint listening at http://XXXXXXX:8199/bpserver that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details.

This is when we try to start the BPServer as a local service account by going to Services and click Start.

Vipin Madathum Padikkal

Hi

The command line always worked before and this was setup by a Blue Prism Support Tech who remoted into my PC and set it up this way. My understanding is the 'Server' is on the local (Resource) PC and not a networked server. It has only just stopped working and I think it was after I was playing with the 'Manage Permissions' in the screenshot above but as far as I can tell I have put it back to how it was and then it stopped working.

Running the command line usually displays this

13955.png
But now I get the error instead

Steve

Steven Cooke

Hi, Vpin.

I see in your BP Server configuration that "Database Connection" is set to "BPServerLP".
And the "BPServerLP" is defined as a connection profile to connect to the BPServer (not Database).

Considering the Blue Prism architecture, RR<->BPServer<->Database,
It would be worth to try changing the Database Connection setting of the BP Server to direclty connet to the Database.

13965.png13966.png

Regards

HongJoo Choi

Hi

Not sure I quite follow. I made no changes to anything like that and it was always working up to a couple of days ago. As I mentioned this was how the BP support techs set it up, to run via a command line. The connection name hasn't changed from what it always was and neither where it was pointing to..

I was able to resolve it though by deleting the BPServerLP connection and then re-creating it - it must have joined all the dots in the background because now it works fine.

thanks

Steven Cooke

Yeah, that's why I was checking which BP version this happened because I too upgraded to 7.1 and noticed this happening.

I'll try the workaround you did, thanks for sharing.

If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer".

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. Consultant-Technical Lead