cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extract specific string

NayanaH_P
Level 4

Take an Excel file with (Columns: Name, Employee ID, Email, Date of Joining), Fill 50 rows with random data. Using BP, filter the excel file to get those data whose date of joining is after Jan 01, 2022. (Do this without using collection manipulation).

Application Excel.

How to extract the extract the application excel separately and above description separately, as while using get received item(basic) entire message get stored in body. i need to extract application line separately and above message separately. 

------------------------------
Nayana H P
4 REPLIES 4

EmersonF
MVP

From what I understand, do you want to capture all the lines above January 1st correctly? You can use the loop by validating whether the data column is above January 1 if yes, add in a separate collage,

You can also loop negative if you will not use the remaining data, if for less than January 1, delete the row so that the original collection contains only data where the Date is greater than January 1

Rememberthat you can also filter by excel, via VBO, copy the filtered result and move to another worksheet

Emerson Ferreira
Cons, Intelligent automation
Avanade Brasil
Recife
+5581988869544
If my answer helped you? Mark as useful!

Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil

i need to extract the text before and after specific text separately like application excel separate and description separate.
specific text is : Application.
how can i identify application word because i have 3 different emails to perform but in every unread email application is the common word soo if i identify that application word how can i read before and after specific text.

Nayana H P

Hi,

Just to add one more solution, you can connect to your Excel by using the VBO "Data - OleDB" and getting the info directly with some SQL

Something like this:

SELECT * FROM [Sheet1$] WHERE [Date of Joining] > '20220101'

Hope this helps you

See you in the Community, bye 🙂

Pablo Sarabia
Solution Manager & Architect
Altamira Assets Management
Madrid

Would you have an example example of these three emails? Maybe we can identify and create a regex for him

Emerson Ferreira
Cons, Intelligent automation
Avanade Brasil
Recife
+5581988869544
If my answer helped you? Mark as useful!
Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil