cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching and Interacting with multiple tabs in Internet Explorer

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I'm currently investigating how to interact with multiple tabs in Internet Explorer. So far I have managed to attach to an instance of the browser, and interact with the 1st page/tab, but in the instance where I would need to navigate and interact with a second tab, how would I go about it? I have seen mention some usage of 'child index' but I have not been able to successfully use it. Is it possible to do this, and what is the best practise for doing so? Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
I presume we are talking about a multi-tab appliaction (rather than using a single IE instance for multiple application). This will probably need some experimentation. Experiment with TabProcGrowth registry setting set to 0 and set to 1. Experiment with attaching to the application in different objects using different child index numbers. The Browser guide on the Portal mentions these concepts.

PrateekMehan
Level 6
Or you could use Ctrl+Tab keys to swipe over multiple IE tabs, but has to be worked on carefully that you are on the correct screen first.