cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching to Active Directory Windows Application

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all I have an issue with attaching to an applikation. The applikation is a Microsoft management console called active directory used to administrate users. The filetype is .msc, thus I open the applikation by using the "Run process" in the "Utility - Environment" object. This launch works but the applikaiton is not attached. I've tried to attach using different specifications in the applikation modeller and then a navigate stage to attach to the process(mmc.exe) found in task manager. But that results in an error saying: "could not open target process". I've tried to attach using only the window text and/or only using the process name and for many different values of child index. Same error message every time. If I misspecify the process name, the error message is: "Could not identify process" which makes me think that the previous error message suggests that bp can actually identify the process but for some reason it cannot open/attach. You have any idea what I should do here? Jonas
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can get the Windows title from Task Manager then you can attach with Windows Title. e.g. ""C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe"" .