cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutomateC Import Release Command Not Overwriting

PrajjwalRai
Level 5
Hi,
I am using the AutomateC importrelease command to move the code from one environment to another.If I do the action using UI, the edit history of the process shows as 'Modification'. However, the same action with AutomateC gives the type of edit as 'Creation', as if it is a new import altogether. Can someone help me in uderstanding why this difference of behaviour is being observed?

Thanks in advance for your help!

------------------------------
Prajjwal Rai
Application Engineer
Schneider Electric Private Limited
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi @PrajjwalRai,

I just tested this with v6.10.2 and the object was listed as overwritten when importing the release. If you import the release a second time does it say "created" again, or does it change to "overwritten"? I don't see any issues identified by support or in the release notes. The only thing I can think is that the object in the second environment actually had a different ID than the one you were importing from the original environment. If multiple people are editing that object across different BP instances there is always the chance that somewhere along the long the object ID was changed.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

View answer in original post

7 REPLIES 7

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @PrajjwalRai,

What version of Blue Prism are you using? Is it the same version between the two environments? The /importrelease flag should cause BP to automatically overwrite any objects/processes it finds in the target DB that match (have the same UUID) any objects/processes in the .bprelease.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

Hi @ewilson,

I am using version 6.10, and I have the same version in both the environments.​ Indeed, the /importrelease command should overwrite, instead of that it is creating. Any suggestions?

Regards,

Prajjwal Rai
Application Engineer

Hi @PrajjwalRai,

I just tested this with v6.10.2 and the object was listed as overwritten when importing the release. If you import the release a second time does it say "created" again, or does it change to "overwritten"? I don't see any issues identified by support or in the release notes. The only thing I can think is that the object in the second environment actually had a different ID than the one you were importing from the original environment. If multiple people are editing that object across different BP instances there is always the chance that somewhere along the long the object ID was changed.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

Hi @ewilson,
Yes, it is working fine for other processes. This issue is only there for one process, I think it is due it ID mismatch.​ The AutomateC command is working as expected.

Thanks for your advice!

Regards,

Prajjwal Rai
Application Engineer

Hi @ewilson,

When I am trying to use the /import command for a particular .bpprocess or .bpobject, then it is showing as creation. However, if I manually​ import the same fil using UI, it shows as modification. Can you guide me on this please?

Regards,​

Prajjwal Rai
Application Engineer

@PrajjwalRai,

What's the underlying concern here? The process/object is being imported and is usable, correct? I'd suggest opening a ticket with support as this is tied to the core product logic.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

Hi @PrajjwalRai

/import Imports a Blue Prism process (or visual business object) into the database, by default using the ID found in the file (if one exists - otherwise a new ID is generated). See /forceid to override this behaviour. The filespec parameter refers to location of the xml file to be imported. By default, if the imported process / object already exists in the selected environment, this operation will fail. See /overwrite to avoid this

Vipul Tiwari
Senior Process Simplification and Optimization Designer(Solutions Architect)
Fidelity International
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------