cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Retry on Exception Behaviour

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I am building automatic retries into my process. Basically I tag the item when the exception occurs and then feed it into a different Mark Exception based on whether the tag appears or not, which is working fine. But on system exception at cleanup, or if you terminate the process it seems that BP creates a new queue item but it is automatically marked as an exception. Is this the expected behaviour? Is there any way to change this behaviour so that the new item is not marked exception? I would like these items to be able to be automatically re-processed.
1 REPLY 1

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Hi Seth, Blue Prism has already done all the hard work for you on exception handling by creating the Process Templates which we recommend everyone uses as the basis for their Process build. The Maximum Attempts option in work queues was a feature from before exception handling (recover, resume, blocks, etc) existed in the Blue Prism product. Once exception handling was added to the product the need for using attempts was removed. Following the logic of the Process Templates your sub-pages for each application function should catch the exception and retry the flow route (tidying up the screens and navigating back to the correct point first) upto 3 times. The decision stage on the loop checks to see if the issue is a system exception or an internal exception - which is the correct decision so long as you are following the standard exception types we recommend developers uses in our exception training (there are 6 or 7 standard exception types, we recommend those are the only ones clients use).