cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic connection to the server after restarting resource

EstebanCarrasco
Level 4
Hi, I have 5 virtual machines which the client has a scheduled restart every night. In the morning they wake up all disconnected from the server, therefore the first time I must manually log in so they can connect to the blue prism server and start working. I have already configured the automated listener to start automatically. How can I get them to connect themselves to the server after a scheduled restart?
2 REPLIES 2

james.man
Staff
Staff
Are the Runtime Resources starting up automatically via batch file placed in the startup folder or through a scheduled task?  

james.man
Staff
Staff
There aren't enough details for me to say definitively but, it could be that -  1) You need to set up the Runtime Resources (clients) to start the Blue Prism executable (automate.exe) automatically at startup 2) If 1) is already in place, and you need to log in to Windows before automate.exe can be started, then you may need to install and use the Login Agent so that the Runtimes are visible from the Control Room while they are in the ""logged off"" state 3) You need to follow the recommended ""Reboot"" or ""Startup"" sequence.  This would be needed if you are restarting both the Runtime Resources and the Application Server.  The Runtime Resources should be stopped before the App Server, and started after the App Server is confirmed to be running.