cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation process running very slow for JAVA based application

NithinChembakam
Level 2
Hi All, I have created a process which runs on a java based application .My application is getting launched from a web browser. I have used java mode for spying the elements in the application . When I am running the process in my local machine through control room, its running at normal speed but when am trying to schedule it on a virtual machine, the performance decreases drastically . I am using Blueprism 4.2.35 version . JRE installed in both the machine is version 8 update 102 . JAB is enabled in both the machines . The environment is same for both the machines . What can be the reason for observing slowness when I am triggering the process in a separate machine ? I have tried triggering the process in multiple machines but experiencing slowness everywhere except my local machine . Can anybody suggest the parameters which I can check to compare the two machines . Any help is highly appreciated . Thanks Nithin
11 REPLIES 11

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
If you have implemneted the speed ups recommend in the guide then I would say: If your Java interface is running slow from the very start (i.e. it is not getting slower over time, it is just always slow), yet it is fast when ran in a different environment (such as your development environment) - then that 100% indicates to me an issue with your virtualised environment.  Our recommendation is that the robots VDI should match the power and memory of a standard user desktop so that all applicaitons run with comparible performance.  The VDI memory and cpu should be dedicated to that VDI rather than set to be dynamic. If your Java Interface slows down over time so that after x number of cases it is very slow my suggestion would be to restart the Java application occassionally to speed it up again.  This slowing down could signify a memory issue with how the Java app behaves with Java Access Bridge.

Hello Hellen,

How did you clear cache using Blue Prism?

------------------------------
Navaneethan Subramani
Senior
EY LLP
Asia/Kolkata
------------------------------