cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP Database Admin password lost

GeneKerls
Level 3
I am a new-bee!!  It has been a couple of weeks since I last was able to using the training in BP.  I have BP loaded on my system, but I used the admin account to access the system to produce the results shown in the training.  Now I do not remember the admin password.  Is there anyway to retrieve the password or do I need to delete the DB and create a new one???

Gene

------------------------------
Gene Kerls
15 REPLIES 15

Thank you! This solved my issue.

Martin Cabrera
Montevideo, Uruguay
Martin Cabrera Montevideo, Uruguay

You can use this --> 
1) Search the name of DB connection from BP .

Use the below command to reset BP admin password

UPDATE BPPassword SET salt='bWHYui7HKokLnns5LlF-kTY0=99HyyYuiGtF',hash='8ZXkuDKokLnMoKezhb3l7Ch1CEDmfS8hRUdsNv8='
WHERE userDd=(SELECT userDd FROM BPUser WHERE username='Admin') ;

Vipul Tiwari
Senior Process Simplification and Optimization Designer(Solutions Architect)
Fidelity International
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------

Hi Vipul, 

Thanks for the answer, can you please help us by briefing the steps to execute the command?

Thanks & Regards, 
Aravind

Aravind Babu

Hi Aravind,

To execute this command, first you need to access SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) which is an application available to interact with your databases on your SQL Server.

You can download this application from Microsoft's web site and then you need to login with your SQL Server name, username and password which you can select either to be Windows Authentication if this is what you provided while installing SQL Server otherwise you need to select SQL Authentication and provide your SQL server credentials.

Then, you need to click on 'New Script' which appears at the top and it will open a new editor screen for you where you can type and execute your query.

Here you type the SQL Query as Vipul mentioned and then try to click on Execute button. You should be able to see a message saying some records got updated successfully in the output section below the editor screen.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you and if it resolves you query please mark it as the best answer so that others having the same problem can track the answer easily

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant
Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hi Parnab

Thanks for above response, however I don't have anything being displayed if I try to get the BPAPassword , even though it shows up on table on the left , should we recreate admin account.

I am using 6.9 Blueprism Version

17290.png

Manpreet Kaur

Hi, Manpreet,

this is strange. Please check the table BPAUser if you have any user there. If yes, then you need to create a record with id of that user entered in column userid. I am sending a screen shot of my record in BPAPassword. My user name is admin with userid as displayed below.
17291.jpgRegards

Zdeněk Kabátek
Head of Professional Services
NEOOPS
http://www.neoops.com/
Europe/Prague