cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPServer.ServerService Error refreshing MI data: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.

allanblue
Level 2

Every 30 seconds this error is seen in the event log "BPServer.ServerService
Error refreshing MI data: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow." on our BluePrism test server.

Apparently our Blue Prism test environment is working without problems, but I'm curious about the error mentioned.

3 REPLIES 3

SteveBoggs
Staff
Staff

Hi Allan,

We've seen this in the past when the data volumes in a Blue Prism database exceed recommended levels and maintenance (i.e. log archiving/housekeeping scripts clean-up) has not been performed in awhile. Are you logging a lot of data in session logs, and/or logging data for MI/Reporting purposes in this environment? If you run a "Disk Usage by Top Tables" in SQL Server Studio, do you see a lot of data in the BPASessionLog, BPAWorkQueueItem, BPAUtilisation, etc., tables? When was the last time maintenance was performed on the database in this test environment?

allanblue
Level 2

Hi Steve

Thanks for the comment. As you can see there is quite a lot of data in BPAAuditEvents but I don't know if that is a problem.
I think it has been a very long time since maintenance was run.

35386.png

SteveBoggs
Staff
Staff

Hi Allan,

From the screenshot of the Top Tables report, your session log data doesn't look too bad, but your BPADataPipelineInput and BPMIProductivityShadow tables are both very large. We've seen issues in the past where once the DataPipelineInput table gets over about 5000 records, it can "break" Data Gateways functionality.

I'd suggest to open a ticket with us in Support if you haven't already to get some feedback on how to clean up these tables, including our example Housekeeping SQL Scripts and some guidance on how to clean up Data Gateways data with the help of your DBA.