cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

#BPTechTips - Break on Exceptions

EmersonF
MVP
Hi everyone, 
I bring a feature that is very useful and I use a lot when developing bots which is the Break on Exception, it allows you a more relaxed debugging, you can start your bot from the studio and let it run with the certainty that if something goes wrong it will pause the automation right now.
To activate it is simple, navigate to the debug tool, and select the option "Break on debug";

29373.png
#BPTechTips
------------------------------
Emerson Ferreira
Sr Business Analyst
Avanade Brasil
+55 (081) 98886-9544
If my answer helped you? Mark as useful!
Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil
3 REPLIES 3

I would surely give it a shot. Many of us know this feature but in real-time we end up doing normal debugging only. This option can save time and as you said we can run it without worrying.

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. RPA Consultant-Automation Developer

Exactly, that's what I always tell my mentees, try to make the most of the features that blue prism offers and save us time and effort

Emerson Ferreira
Sr Business Analyst
Avanade Brasil
+55 (081) 98886-9544
If my answer helped you? Mark as useful!
Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil

JaredRumball
Level 6
Yes! I always turn this on when debugging. Always. It's such a useful feature and can save you so much time and frustration when a debugging session takes an unexpected turn. Highly recommend!

That "Focus debug stage" option just above it on the Debug menu is really useful also! And oh I wish there was a hotkey for that one too 😋

Jared Rumball
Q4 Associates Ltd
https://www.q4associates.biz/