cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism API 7.0 - WorkQueueItems Batch POST Errors

BrandonPereira
Level 2

Has anyone gotten the Blue Prism API 7.0 WorkQueueItems Batch POST to work? Using the Swagger file and documentation I found from Blue Prism, the format for the request body should match the below:

[
  {
    "data": {
      "rows": [
        {}
      ]
    },
    "deferredDate": "2023-10-12T15:38:06.014Z",
    "priority": 0,
    "tags": [
      "string"
    ],
    "status": "string",
    "sla": 0,
    "processName": "string",
    "isSuggested": true
  }
]

Using the above as a template I tried the below, but neither are working.
OPTION 1: 

[
  {
        {"Field1": "Value1",
	"Field2": "Value2"}
      ]
    },
      "string"
    ],
  }
]

OPTION 2: 

[
  {
        [{"Field1":{"value":"Value1","valueType":"Text"},
	{"Field2":{"value":"Value2","valueType":"Text"}]
      ]
    },
      "string"
    ],
  }
]

When trying the above I get a number of different errors related to the "RequestModel" including the following:

• "invalidField": "requestModel[0].data.rows[0]"
  • "invalidField": "requestModel[0].data.rows"
  • "invalidField": "requestModel[0]"
  • "invalidField": "requestModel[0].data.rows[0].Field1"

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

SteveBoggs
Staff
Staff

Hi Brandon,

I understand from the title of your post you're running v7.0.x of Blue Prism. There is a known issue in earlier 7.0.x and 7.1.0/7.1.1 versions of Blue Prism where a "Create work queue items" endpoint returns an error if 'data' contains a field with several rows in a nested collection. 

This known issue along with a few others related to the BP API have been addressed in v7.1.2+ of Blue Prism -- you can review the Release Notes for v7.1.2 with fixes for the API noted here: https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-7-1/en-us/release-notes/rn-7-1-2.htm#Additionalcomponents

Are you able to spin up an environment with v7.1.2 and test to see if this issue still occurs with these fixes in place?

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

SteveBoggs
Staff
Staff

Hi Brandon,

I understand from the title of your post you're running v7.0.x of Blue Prism. There is a known issue in earlier 7.0.x and 7.1.0/7.1.1 versions of Blue Prism where a "Create work queue items" endpoint returns an error if 'data' contains a field with several rows in a nested collection. 

This known issue along with a few others related to the BP API have been addressed in v7.1.2+ of Blue Prism -- you can review the Release Notes for v7.1.2 with fixes for the API noted here: https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-7-1/en-us/release-notes/rn-7-1-2.htm#Additionalcomponents

Are you able to spin up an environment with v7.1.2 and test to see if this issue still occurs with these fixes in place?