cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism - Application Server requirement

SteveBoomer
Level 5
Hi All, Quick question for you all, looking for some advice from those of you with experience. Our current setup is Development Users - App Server - Database Server Testlab Users - Runtime Resources (x2) - Load Balancer - App Servers (X2) - Database Server Production Users - Runtime Resources (x10) - Load Balancer - App Servers (x2) - Database Server We have a multi domain environment, which is causing some issues. Our users with the Interactive Client are unable to use the domain accounts they log onto their PCs for BP as the servers sit in a different domain. They can do a run as using a domain account from the other domain. This causes issues with SSO applications in Dev. I have found a solution to this problem, whereby the users connections are configured to connect to the DB server and BP is launched with their normal domain accounts (we've had to amend the SQL permissions to do this). Anyway - the questions are: Can you see any reason for not connecting the Interactive clients to the Database server? In an environment without Runtime Resources (IE our Dev environment), are there any reasons why we shouldn't decommission the application server? Are there any reasons why it should be kept? Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

MaheshPrajapat1
Level 2
Please refer below document.. This may help you.. https://portal.blueprism.com/system/files/product/productpublic/5.0/Inf…

Thanks, but it really doesn't. I've read all the relevant documentation and we've tested the setup, I just can't see anything that says don't do it.

pavelzuravliov
Level 3
Hi, I believe you will lose ""Scheduler"" in this case. I believe Application server connection is a must for it to work. Or just for more secure connection, using SSO login. In our DEV we use direct connection to DB , no problem. Using Application server connection only in Production.

Hi Pavel, Thanks for the reply, we've got no runtime resources in dev, so there's not need for the scheduler service. SSO is still used, so no issues there. I just think our architects ordered a server for the sake of it, without understanding the requirements first. Cheers, Steve