cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism PDF Toolkit Installation

StephanieStrydo
Level 5
Hi , I have installed the latest PDF toolkit VBO, we are using BP version 10.6.4. I downloaded the Adobe.PDFServicesSDK 2.2.1 package from Nuget and got a JSON credentials file (using private email). I moved the .net4.7 Adobe.PDFServicesSDK.dll to Blue Prism Automation folder. 

Now I get this error when I try to run the "Protect PDF" action from Process Studio, and some warning included about the assembling binding being turned off. Would greatly appreciate some help with this. Thanks!

Exception encountered while executing operation:System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'BouncyCastle.Crypto, Version=1.8.10.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0e99375e54769942' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'BouncyCastle.Crypto, Version=1.8.10.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0e99375e54769942'
at Adobe.PDFServicesSDK.core.auth.JwtAuthenticator.CreateRSACryptoProvider()
at Adobe.PDFServicesSDK.core.auth.JwtAuthenticator..ctor(ServiceAccountCredentialsWithUri serviceAccountCredentialsWithUri)
at Adobe.PDFServicesSDK.core.auth.AuthenticatorFactory.GetAuthenticator(Credentials credentials)
at Adobe.PDFServicesSDK.core.InternalExecutionContext..ctor(Credentials credentials, ClientConfig clientConfig)
at Adobe.PDFServicesSDK.ExecutionContext.Create(Credentials credentials, ClientConfig clientConfig)
at Blue_Prism___PDF_Toolkit.Protect(String PDFFilePath, String OutputFilePath, String Password, String CredentialsFilePath, String& ErrorMessage)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

------------------------------
Stephanie Strydom
RPA Developer - Investec
2 REPLIES 2

GeoffHirst1
Level 3
HI Stephanie,

Thank you for being a SS&C Blue Prism customer.

The problem you are having is because the AdobePDFServices dll has a number of dependencies of its own. These are explained on page 3 of the user guide. Now, the best way to ensure you get the dependencies you need is to use Visual Studio. There is a free community edition available if you do not have it installed. If you create a console application and then use the nuget package manager to locate the AdobePDFServices nuget package and install it into your Visual Studio console application.

You should then be able to build the console application and that will create a visual studio solution where all the dependencies for AdobePDFSDK will exist, they are all listed on Page 3 of the user guide. You can then copy them from the location of your console application to the Blue Prism application directory.

Please come back to me if you require any further guidance.

regards

Geoff Hirst

Thanks Geoff, 

I did what you described. I have now backed out of using Adobe PDF Services, not only due to the number and complexity of dependencies, but also because of the licensing. A colleague pointed me to PDFSharp, that was a lot easier to install and seems to be working.

Stephanie Strydom