cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism Process Only Works If the VDI window in Monitoring Mode

TravisLiang
Level 2

Hi

Our team is facing one issue that the BP process only run successfully when the VDI window in monitoring mode(Watching it). Under the monitoring mode, process will work fine but if I minimize the VDI window or exit the VDI window, the automation will throws errors(specifically, the errors will be “The access is denied”; and the process would have trouble running the “Global Send keys” command in Navigation tab). This issue happened the same when I trigger this job from Jenkins. (Could you also please show some guidance about how to set up configuration changes if I want to trigger the BP process from Jenkins?) Could you please take a  look at the issue or open a ticket for that? Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1

Hi, Machine will be locked if VDI exit performed directly by closing it. If the runtime resource is locked, process execution might not behave as expected specifically when Send Keys and Surface Automation involved are involved. 

If you are doing RDP for monitoring, please create a bat file with below script and place it on desktop in runtime resource.  Just double click on the bat file to disconnect from the runtime resource, it will disconnect without locking it.

echo off

tscon %sessionname% /dest:console