cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism Sql Server Configuration

SourabhSharma
Level 3

HI All,
we are planning to onboard BP interact in our organisation. so we got the window server as required now I have to install BP hub, Rabbit MQ server etc to install BP hub. and I also need SQL Server details for that.
What I have observed is in BP configuration we are using BP Server for authentication but for installing BP hub it's asking SQL server details for authentication. so do I need to install SQL also on window server and if yes than would I need to change the authentication on BP itself too ? because we have BP installed on BP server and I am using the existing environment not configuring the new one on Window machine.

How can I get the details for that SQL Server configuration which I can use for Authentication ? or I should install sql server on window server and than use those details in BP hun? what is the right way.

so inshort my question is We have BP installed on server and we want to onboard BP interact and for that we have got the window server , now how can I setup BP hub ?

I might have missed some details in my question, you please let me know I will try to get the details and will clear the things as you required.

------------------------------
Sourabh Sharma
5 REPLIES 5

SteveBoggs
Staff
Staff

Hi Sourabh,

Installing Hub/Interact is typically done in a new environment and our documentation covers the provisioning of a new SQL Server for its use. As a first step, have you gone through our available Hub/Interact installation documentation? I would also recommend review of the installation videos available on our docs site, as they provide a very helpful overview of these products' installation processes.

Steve Boggs
Senior Product Support Engineer
Blue Prism
Austin, TX

HI @Steve Boggs

Thanks for the reply.. Steve I have gone through the document, but I am just wondering there is now way of using the existing BP and Sql Server details to onboard BP interact/Hub ?

Sourabh Sharma

Blue Prism recommends that BPE and Hub databases are kept on separate database servers. Multiple systems are required to support the installation of Hub, and our documentation should be followed for best results and to keep Hub/Interact in a supportable configuration.

While it may be possible to use the same database server with different instances for a "Development" environment or "Proof-of-Concept" Hub installation, this is not recommended nor would it be appropriate for a production-level deployment. 

Steve Boggs
Senior Product Support Engineer
Blue Prism
Austin, TX

Hi, Steve,

what is the rational behind keeping the databases on separate database servers? Usually the MS SQL server hosts many databases on one server and you boost RAM and CPU and fast disk arrays if you need to get better performance. I do not see any reason why it could not be hosted on the same database server so I am wondering why there is this requirement.

We have a client which provides one MS SQL server for whole RPA environment and we host on that server Blue Prism Enterprise, Decipher and Hub/Interact as the client does not want to provide another MS SQL server.

Regards

Zdenek

Zdeněk Kabátek
Head of Professional Services
NEOOPS
http://www.neoops.com/
Europe/Prague

This seems like an excellent question, Zdenek. Thanks for asking it here.. Have you heard anything else, from Steve or found any documentation as to "why there is this requirement"? 

Joseph Rivera