Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with large xlsx files without Chunk

Ernest1
Level 4
He everyone,
Regarding to those  posts:

I have a question. How to work with such large xlsx/csv file in a situation where I need to find one record according to the X criteria, then find another record according to the Y criteria, etc. I have the criteria saved in another xlsx/csv file, which has about 600-1000 rows. 

I don't think splitting a file will be a good solution in this case because the row result can be in one or all of the split files.

Could you help?
4 REPLIES 4

harish.m
Level 12

Hi Marcin Grzelak,

1) create custom DLL's to manipulate large amount of data in run time. In this case you need to write and manipulate data  before  getting the data in to BP

2) Create macros to filter the data and other manipulation i

3) Apply data manipulation in the excel itself. like Filters, Formulas and other available excel capabilities  for this you can use existing excel VBO and build the code on top of it.

if the file is in 1000's I will read the data from the excel and perfrom data manipulation  in the code stage  in bp itself.

Note: Also latest BLue Prism version 7.2 can handle much more than the previous versions  because it is 64 bits 

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

Hello Marcin,

You can achieve this by executing a select query statement via OLEDB. I have attached the OLEDB guide for your reference.

harish.m
Level 12

As Other member mentioned OLEDB is also an option in general. 

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

Ernest1
Level 4

Hi,

Many thanks for answer for both.

I will check OLEDB, but I need to catch Admin for installation Microsoft Access Database Engine.

All the best.M