cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism calling Microsoft Power Automate Flow

TakKwok
Level 4

Hi:

I have a process where the beginning part is done in Blue Prism but the second piece is done in Microsoft Power Automate Cloud. Does anyone know if Blue Prism can connect to Power Automate to run a flow?

Thanks,

Taki

------------------------------
Tak Kwok
Sr. Data Associate
SP Global
America/New_York
5 REPLIES 5

SteveBoggs
Staff
Staff

Hi Taki,

There's not a VBO that ships with Blue Prism Enterprise that connects to Power Automate, but have you checked out the "Process for Microsoft Power Platform Connector" on the Digital Exchange?

Steve Boggs
Senior Product Support Engineer
Blue Prism
Austin, TX

TylerBrautigam
Level 3

Hi Tak,

A work around for this could be to trigger your PA flow by sending an email at the end of the Blue Prism part of your process and then using that email as the trigger for your flow.

Tyler Brautigam

ewilson
Staff
Staff

@Tak Kwok,

Here's an example, from Microsoft, of initiating a flow via a REST API call and the flow does some work (in this case send out an email). The general idea here is that your flow exposes a URL that can be called by another application (in this case Blue Prism) to trigger it.

https://powerautomate.microsoft.com/fr-fr/blog/call-flow-restapi/

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Hi Tak,

As other members mentioned the easiest and straight forward way is sending an email or  triggering by some event in power automate cloud.

If you are in latest blue  prism i believe you can expose the work queue as API and build connector in power automate cloud  and schedule the flow  to poll the response from API and perform the next steps in the cloud flow.

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer"

Harish M
Lead developer
America/New_York TX
----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

Thanks all for your suggestion. The sending of the Email to triggered the flow would be my last option. I saw that in digital exchange that seems to be able to create a connector from BP to Power Automate. I will be looking into that option.

Thanks again for all the input.

Tak

Tak Kwok
Sr. Data Associate
SP Global
America/New_York