cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism hangs when calling "List Mails Within DateTimes" of BluePrism - MapiEx

SaakarBairagi
Level 2
Blue Prism hangs when calling "List Mails Within DateTimes" action of BluePrism - MapiEx. It gets stuck there doesn't move further. Let me know what is the issue here?  
10 REPLIES 10

SachinUpadhyay
Level 3
I also faced the similar issue while using ""Get Mail"" action.With Outlook 2016,it hangs very frequently.I am still looking for solution.

AmiBarrett
Level 12
The MAPIEx dll created by Blue Prism is incredibly unstable. You're better off grabbing a copy of the Outlook VBO either from a BP6 install or off the Digital Exchange. It'll support this.

Does Outlook VBO supports Get Mail with HTML?

------------------------------
Praveen Chinthaginjala
Senior Technical Architect
HCL Technologies
Europe/Amsterdam

As far as I know, it doesn't support Get Mail with HTML out of the box. Maybe there's a parameter somewhere I haven't noticed, but I've only seen it retrieve plain text. What are you hoping to achieve with that functionality?

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Our Mail body contains HTML tables . So it is more efficient and easy to get the content in HTML to store it into Blue Prism Collections.

Praveen Chinthaginjala
Senior Technical Architect
HCL Technologies
Europe/Amsterdam

All right, you got me interested so I had to go look at the code lol.

It looks like it's pretty easy to add retrieving the HTMLBody from the Mail Item.

Take a look in the object 'MS Outlook Email VBO' then in the page 'Internal_Get Items' and then in the code stage 'Get Items'. You can edit this code stage to output the HTMLBody. I suspect someone else has already created an edited version of this to output the HTMLBody. I'll facepalm if that's the case. Anyway, you only need to make 2 changes in the code stage:

First code stage change. Find the line in the code that is exactly like this:
dataTable.Columns.Add("Body", Type.GetType("System.String"))
and then add a line below it like this:
dataTable.Columns.Add("HTMLBody", Type.GetType("System.String"))

Second code stage change. Find the line in the code that is exactly like this:
row("Body") = item.Body
and then add a line below it like this:
row("HTMLBody") = item.HTMLBody

Third change but outside the code stage:
Open the Collection 'Items' in the page 'Internal_Get Items' and add a field called 'HTMLBody' with a datatype of Text.

I tested it briefly and it works for me. Let me know how it goes. And thanks for bringing this up! I didn't expect it to be so easy.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA

There is a modified version of the VBO that supports outputting to HTML out of the box. However, it pulls one or the other, rather than both at the same time.

Ami Barrett
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism
Plano, TX

Thanks! I've imported that into our eval environment. I glanced at it, and I recognize the sharedEmail input I stole...err....borrowed from you a while back.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA

Haha, that's what it's there for!

Ami Barrett
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism
Plano, TX