cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism hangs when interacting with outlook (MAPIEx)

andrew_jarick
Level 2
Our robot picks up work from a mailbox and moves it to another folder. Randomly, Blue Prism will hang/stall/freeze when it attempts to interact with outlook. When it is hung, the process also at times cannot be killed in task manager, leading me to believe that it is still busy, or waiting for something. We are on a VM - Windows 7 64bit. Usually when this happens we restart the VM, and it works again, but a few times lately, this hasn't helped. Could this be due to VM performance? Cannot see anything related in event logs. We are on 5.0.32 Any ideas?
7 REPLIES 7

Hi Jaricka, we are facing exactly the same issue. Just a restart of the VM helps to solve the problem. We are on Windows 10 64bit and working with Outlook 2010 32bit. Did you solve the problem? Best regards Sebastian

HamishMcCredie
Level 2
Hi, We are also seeing a similar issue. It has been suggested to us that caching the mailbox may be able to help solve the issue. However, our mailbox can get too big for the vm storage, so we are unable to solve the issue. I would be interested to hear of any remedy that you may have applied? Kind regards, Hamish

HamishMcCredie
Level 2
Hi, We are also seeing a similar issue. It has been suggested to us that caching the mailbox may be able to help solve the issue. However, our mailbox can get too big for the vm storage, so we are unable to solve the issue. I would be interested to hear of any remedy that you may have applied? Kind regards, Hamish

Hi Hamish, we have no solution so far. I hope the update to V6 of Blueprism will maybe help to fix the problem. Regards, Sebastian

MikeHiggs
Level 5
Hi guys, we've been using email integration for about four years now and over that time I have embedded steps into the process to prevent performance issues. We are also on Win7 64 bit VMs... I would suggest that the mailbox in question is trimmed as much as possible and that quota sizes are increased dramatically. I would then suggest that you slow down your process to only ping the mailbox once every 10 seconds or more. We found that MS Exchange started having a wobbly when ping very quickly. We're on 4.2.43 but upgrading to the latest version of 5 next week. We haven't seen any issued so far. I'm happy to have a look at your process / objects if you like - just let me know.

OnurPamuk1
Level 2
We're facing the same issue. We've tried slowing down the process & caching email in Outlook. No luck!

AarthiVellingir
Level 3
Hi All, I had this issue of Automate.exe crashing during email process, If you go to the error details of the Automate.exe it will have the reason why it is crashing .I had the error as below on the module EMSMDB32.DLL_unloaded.It is because of the Microsoft API for exchange server EMSMDB32.dll. Blue prism is a victim for the dll issue and the solution worked for me was installing the standalone outlook version.   Details in error Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: Automate.exe Application Version: 5.0.32.0 Application Timestamp: 59736a8d Fault Module Name: EMSMDB32.DLL_unloaded Fault Module Version: 16.0.8201.2200 Fault Module Timestamp: 59d5c1ec Exception Code: c00001a5 Exception Offset: 00430111 OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.272.7 Locale ID: 2057 Additional Information 1: 7d2d Additional Information 2: 7d2d66530c12e448db0e7289ab118633 Additional Information 3: 046b Additional Information 4: 046bfcb77e89c174ed66a797b28be23a   Read our privacy statement online: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=280262