cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BluePrism get stuck while identifying the webelement which is not present on the page

ArunSingh
Level 2
We have a web application where one of the element's position is not fixed. So I am using following attribute to identifying the element using HTML mode. These are the only attribute which are unique for the element Value Tag Name Match Index Enabled Class Name It is working fine if that particular element is present on the webpage. In case if that element is not present on the page for any reason Blue Prism get stuck and never throw Timeout Exception or Element not found exception and get stuck The only way to come out of this loop is to close the web application. This is very serious problem for us in actual production ,some time BOT get stuck for 24 hours without throwing any exception. I have tried AA mode as well but no luck. PFA for element attribute      
2 REPLIES 2

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
This is probably being caused because it is a very big/complex web page.  When the element is there - Blue Prism finds it quickly.  When it is not there Blue Prism hangs for ages (20-30 minutes) as it trawels through every element on the page trying to find the element it wants.   The only fix for this is to always use a HTML path.  Because your element 'is not fixed' you will have to dynamically set the element path based upon another element nearby that is fixed.  I think I mentioned that in the browser automation guide, but you may need help implementing it from a more experienced user.

ArunSingh
Level 2
Thanks Denis, But what  I observed that Blue Prism get hangs for many hours if the element is not present. I have raised the ticket with Blue Prism and they asked me to set up timeout at Application modeler(Attached picture).I am using Blue Prism 5.0.23 and we don't have any option to setup Timeout at Application modeler. I am not sure whether  this will fixed the problem or I need to look for different solution . I am using this element as reference element  to determine the path of other elements on the webpage.