cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueprism stopped working when automating the JAVA application.

PavanKumar_B
Level 3
Hi all,

I have Developed a process which interacts with JAVA application, when I run it in my local system it works perfectly fine. I migrated the code to QA environment after configuring and enabling the JAB and did all the manual settings that I did in my local. In QA VM, It shows JAVA Mode active and is able to highlight the elements as well. But when i run the process in Debug mode Blueprism crashes with an error saying "Blueprism stopped working" . Below is the error from the application log

Application: Automate.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
at BluePrism.ApplicationManager.JAB.WAB32.ae(Int32, Int64, AccessibleKeyBindings ByRef)
at BluePrism.ApplicationManager.JAB.WAB+AccessibleKeysMethods.getAccessibleKeyBindings(Int32, Int64, AccessibleKeyBindings ByRef)
at BluePrism.ApplicationManager.JAB.JABContext.get_KeyBindings()

Can anyone help me resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Pavan

------------------------------
Pavan Kumar B
ASE
Accenture
UTC
Pavan Kumar RPA developer Accenture
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Pavan,

I suggest ensuring what Java version bitness you are using and match with Application Manager (x32 or x64) mode in the Blue Prism Application Modeller.

Also, make sure you run Blue Prism as an administrator on Windows.

Hossein Azimi
Customer Support Engineer, APAC
Blue Prism
Sydney NSW

View answer in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi Pavan,

I suggest ensuring what Java version bitness you are using and match with Application Manager (x32 or x64) mode in the Blue Prism Application Modeller.

Also, make sure you run Blue Prism as an administrator on Windows.

Hossein Azimi
Customer Support Engineer, APAC
Blue Prism
Sydney NSW

Hi Hossein,

I have 64-bit JRE installed in the VM as well as my local, but I am not facing any kind of issue in my local computer. I modified the application manager to "External 64-bit" in my VM and local, this solves the crashing issue but I have another error which says "connection to target application lost - readthread is no longer alive" even when the application is attached. 

Also this is the error which i used to get in event viewer when blueprism used to crash.

Faulting application name: Automate.exe, version: 6.6.0.15260, time stamp: 0x5d691d0e
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17763.1432, time stamp: 0x347862bd
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x001225f2
Faulting process id: 0x1ff0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6a08cb8c11d8c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\Automate.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: ca4e5efa-c1d6-43f8-be75-c03cfa4e5419
Faulting package full name:

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks, 
Pavan Kumar B
Accenture
UTC
Pavan Kumar RPA developer Accenture

Hi Pavan,

I know this post is several years old now but I am just coming  across this issue myself with the 'connection to target application lost - readthread is no longer alive' in Java however my application will not let me spy anything either. I was just wondering if you might remember how you managed to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Amy  

Amy Snagg

Please do comparison between both environments like configuration. Eg: CPU cores and etc.,

Sometime this issue may occur due to system performance as well. Also check CPU utilization as well

Best Regards,
Devendran Venkatesh
RPA - Technical Architect |
Riyadh 11413, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Phone. +966-556784162
Best Regards, Devendran Venkatesh RPA - Technical Architect | Riyadh 11413, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

Hi Amy,

I am not sure if you are still facing this issue.

If you are still facing this issue, then try to enable the Java access bridge in control panel - Ease of Access center - Make the computer easier to see - Click on the check box "Enable Java Access Bridge".

Then you can be able to spy the Java element.

Thanks

Sakthivel S

Senior Developer

Infosys

Sakthivel S

This post was removed

Hi Sakthivel, 

We also have this issue and have tried what you suggested but it doesn't seem to retain. It works one minute, and then the next it doesn't. 

Can I ask what version of Java you are using please? Do you use 32Bit or 34Bit? 

Thank you 

Amy Rimmer

Amy Rimmer