cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broswer Freeze while interacting through Blue Prism

ArshuHansda
Level 4
Hi,

I automated the Chrome browser for a specific task which downloads a file. While testing that stepping out, it runs properly and by proper it means, no error comes up, everything is smooth as wanted. But running the process in one stretch, the browser gets frozen, i.e. the elements don't get recognized by the process, and after 1-2 minutes, the browser gets unresponsive. This never happens manually. Please help.

I have tried changing the attributes of each element I have identified. Thinking there is a problem in Chrome browser, I automated the same in IE Browser, but the problem was same, IE browser too got frozen. I am doing something wrong in identifying. I don't know. Wasted a lot of time.
Thanks in advance. 🙂

The page unresponsive pop up in turn is not identifiable by BP. Each element is identified by Browser Mode.

------------------------------
Arshu Hansda
Sr Analyst / Software Engineer
Capgemini
Asia/Kolkata
9 REPLIES 9

ArshuHansda
Level 4
Error - Highlighting results - Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

This is the main error coming before freezing the browser. 
Updating the Question

Arshu Hansda
Capgemini
Asia/Kolkata

Arshu, have you validated that the version of Blue Prism and Chrome are versions supporting the use of Chrome?  http://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/1303017642

Mark Mortimer
Customer Success Director
Blue Prism
America/New_York

Yes,

I checked, mine is Blueprism Version 6.4.2.10610 and Chrome is above 72.
Is it choosing some specific attributes which gives such error?

Arshu Hansda
Capgemini
Asia/Kolkata

​Hi Arshu,

If this is occurring in both Chrome and IE and works when you are stepping through the process vs. automated, it sounds to me as though BP may be running through this too quickly.  That particular error can be caused by numerous reasons, but generally due to some other exception that is not as obvious.  Not sure how large these files are that you are downloading, but have you tried using a wait time (2-5 seconds) prior to the step where you are receiving this error?

Christian Mears
Senior Infrastructure Operations Analyst
T. Rowe Price
America/New_York

Hi Christian,

The Step where I am receiving the error is to search for an element in a table. I am not downloading any file till this step.
Yes, I have tried 5 Seconds wait before that stage, the browser still froze. 
I am using wait stage to search for the element, and it searches for the element.
I am taking only 3 of the attributes of the element - WEB Element Type - is SPAN or NOBR, Web Text is the particular text I want and match index. While identifying the element and then highlighting gives the same error and the page unresponsive pop up comes up. I thought maybe I am making mistakes in choosing the attributes of that element, but tried multiple times and combinations with SPAN or TD as Web Element Type, but it gave the same exception - "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation".

Thanks,

Arshu Hansda
Capgemini
Asia/Kolkata

I'm have the same issue in BP 6.5.0. It seems like it works fine for a while, but after a while I see the same error in my logs. Is there any way to see what the inner exception is that is causing this? / Did you ever figure out what was causing the issue? I thought it might be the use of wildcards in the object model in Chrome applications, but I can't get around the need to use wildcards for my process.

Franklin Applegate
Business Analyst, Technology
Prudential
America/New_York

Hi Franklin,

The internal exception which I am getting is "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation" which in turn freezes the browser. At last finally had to use Surface Automation as an alternative.

Regards,

Arshu Hansda
Capgemini
Asia/Kolkata

Hi

Actually that error occurs when there is one method trying to invoke the other method (or say the action in our case) which already has some error in it. That message is thrown by the outside method which is trying to invoke the erroneous method. So here you have to trace that inner Exception which is the root cause of this where as the message that you are seeing is of higher level.

Vamsi Krishna Karumanchi
Software Engineer
Tech Mahindra
Indian/Mahe

​If there are multiple windows open Try Detach - Wait 2 to 5 sec - Attach (unique window Title) - Check element exists - use only Unique value and Match index attributes.

Rajesh kumar Muthineni
RPA Developer
Highmark Health
America/Chicago