cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser Extension Fix for 6.9

Hi Blueprism Team,

Please fix Blue prism Browser extensions related quickly. Now we all are dependent on Chrome/ Edge browser. Because with IE we need to rework for everything.
In 6.9 there are bunch of issues with new browser extension which does not allow us to upgrade BP. Also one of the concern why for browser extension we need select Fixed port if you are providing a way around not to select the same.
There are bunch of issues related browser extension which is due to Fixed port. If blue prism provides automation for chrome then it should be as normal as IE browser. WIthout fixed port even if we are launching an URL then that URL has some extra IP.
These small issues are so frustrating sometimes. Why can't these be fixed to provide a complete solution for automation.

------------------------------
Amlan Sahoo
RPA Consultant
Equinix
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo
4 REPLIES 4

david.l.morris
Level 14
First, I'll just say I agree with you about the frustrating nature of issues with browser automation even as late as 6.9. But, and I think I understand you here, there is really no easy way for Blue Prism to replicate exactly the same functionality and behavior that IE HTML automation has. It's like when a company designs an app for both Android and iPhone. One will have features that the other doesn't for a while, and they'll likely never behave the same for various reasons. IE was a terrible browser for a lot of reasons. It's unfortunate that Blue Prism HTML automation worked so well in IE.

I do think your questions deserve some attention, which is why I'm replying. I think there needs to be more conversation happening around what improvements we would like to Blue Prism Core. I try not to complain too much, and I think it's a good idea for us to stay optimistic. Blue Prism has come a long way, and the tool can do so many more things now that it could not 2 or 3 years ago.

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA

Dave Morris, 3Ci at Southern Company

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
Still wonder why BP wont use webdriver api..

Andrey Kudinov
Project Manager
MobileTelesystems PJSC
Europe/Moscow

MelanieGiuliani
Community Team (Retired)
Hi @_Amlansahoo,

Have you created this as an idea on our Ideas Portal? Creating an idea for an enhancement request is the easiest way to raise that feedback to the product team and receive a response. We review any ideas with more than 15 points via an internal review panel, and then determine the feasibility of implementing the requested enhancement into the product. As the idea moves along the internal review process, we update the idea along every step of the way, so you'll be able to follow along as the Product team makes decisions about your idea in real time. If you do decide to create an idea for this enhancement request, please post the link here so that other users can see it/vote it up if they agree that this enhancement is needed. 

Thanks!
Melanie 

Melanie Giuliani
Online Community Manager
Blue Prism

Thanks  @Dave Morris for your reply. Let's hope BP can improve a bit. Now I ma scared to update from 6.4.2 to 6.10. Because browser mode is far better in older version. 🙂

@MelanieGiulian1 To be frank I am writing ideas from last 1 year or more than that but it never got into attention.

So I don't think it more useful to write something on idea panel.

Amlan Sahoo
RPA Consultant
Equinix
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo