cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brrowser mode connecting to wrong chrome window

johwes
Level 4
Hi,

In the process I am currently working on I open one web based application from another web based application, ending up with two separate chrome windows. In the second application I am able to spy using UIA mode, but when trying to use browser mode it only connects to the first application. I attach to the second application using the window title, I have also tried detaching from the first application before attaching to the second, but the result is still the same.  
Win32, UIA and Region mode all connect to the correct application/window, but browser mode only connects to the wrong window. Any ideas?

Blue Prism version 6.10.1.

Regards,

------------------------------
Johanna Westlund
RPA developer
SpareBank 1 Østfold Akershus
/Norway
11 REPLIES 11

Hi Johanne,

This is an error in Blue Prism that popup windows can only be spied in UIA. See this thread for the current 'work-around' https://community.blueprism.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=145&MessageKey=26b75fd8-d3c2-47f6-a705-429c074e3cda&CommunityKey=3743dbaa-6766-4a4d-b7ed-9a98b6b1dd01&tab=dig....

We are hoping for some attention from the Blue Prism team so this can be fixed ASAP.

Regards,
Lars

Lars Vinding
Faglig koordinator
Kolding Kommune
Europe/Copenhagen

Hi Lars,

Thank you. I will keep an eye on this thread. 

Johanna Westlund
RPA developer
SpareBank 1 Østfold Akershus
/Norway