cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't compare unknown

VladimirGourov
Level 2
Hello,

Would anyone help me solve this issue? I am trying to set a range condition in BP process to throw an exception if the number is less than 1 or greater than 99. Under choice stage I input the following: [Data.Quantity]>99 OR [Data.Quantity]<1, while trying to validate the expression I get the message "Can't Compare Unknown".

Thanks.

------------------------------
Vladimir Gourov
6 REPLIES 6

KrishnaA
Staff
Staff
Hello Vladimir,

I just verified at my end.  The expression you specified is valid.  Please ensure "Data" collection has a column called "Quantity".   And the "Data" collection is exposed properly.

Best regards,
Krishna

Krishna A
Blue Prism
Krishna A [CompanyName]

RaúlHernández
Level 5
I think one of the variables has an undefined type. If this variables should be numbers, please verify the data type of both variables.

Raúl Hernández
RPA Developer
Millicom
America/El_Salvador

29542.png

Thanks everyone for your input. Yes, I have verified the column name and the data type, everything matches. The strange thing to me is that BP doesn't like the ">" and "<" signs for whatever reason. When I use "=" instead, then the expression is shown as valid.

29543.png

Vladimir Gourov

What data type is Data.Quantity?  If it is an unstructured collection, it is probably Text. You may have to covert it before comparing - ToNumber([Data.Quantity]) > 99

Tom Maloney
Architect
nBotix, Inc.
America/Chicago

​Thank you, that worked! Data.Quantity type is the number, but the error is gone finally!
29546.png

Vladimir Gourov

Glad that it worked.

The issue was: Since [Data] collection is a dynamic collection , it's columns don't have any fixed datatype. Hence all the data coming into it is automatically considered as TEXT.

Thus you need to convert the text to number before comparing.

Vivek Goel
RPA Architect
Asia/Singapore
https://www.rpatools.com/
"If you like this post, please press the "Recommend" Button.