cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create ActiveX component. - VBO OUTLOOK

DanielFlores1
Level 3
Hello everyone:

I have a question, I have a process that at the beginning sends an email. On several occasions (not always) it has failed in that part due to a specific error:

"ERROR: Internal: Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Cannot create ActiveX component."

This error sometimes occurs when the process is scheduled, however, when a drag-drop is performed from the Control Room it works without problem.

Regards!!

------------------------------
Daniel Flores
Junior Staff
Deloitte
America/Santiago
12 REPLIES 12

AshishEasow
Staff
Staff
Hello Daniel, 
This error can occur in multiple cases, you will have to dig down to the exact stage in which the error actually occurs.
For excel and other apps, I have seen this case when sometimes the application remains running in the background or sometimes even for a MS patch application. 
So to be specific, are you sure its the mail vbo, and what are you using for sending the mail out. The latest is outlook vbo.

regards,
Ashish

Ashish Easow
Senior Consultant - Professional Services
Blueprism
Asia/Kolkata

dmma
Level 5
Hi, I think it is possible that you are running the process on different VDIs or machines.
And it might be that you need to add DLL: Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll into the Blue Prism folder.

You can check this thread: MS Outlook VBO Internal Error , I think that guys are discussing almost same problem that  you are facing.
Let me know if you are able to open the link.

Kind regards,

Dmitrij Mamajev
RPA Developer
Volvo Cars
Gothenburg - Sweden
Kind regards, [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [CompanyName] [City] [State] [Phone]

Hello Ashish,

I am facing the same issue when I am trying use "Get Received Items" action of Outlook VBO. I am running the process through schedule and the error "Cannot create ActiveX Component" occurs sometimes and the bot also goes into missing state due this issue. If I check the bot machine, the outlook appears in the background and the issue gets resolved and bot comes back into idle state only if I delete background outlook process manually.
The earlier stage of " Get Received Items" is to start Outlook where I am launching outlook and keeping it minimized.

Do you know why the outlook gets opened in the background for this issue and How to resolve this?

Thanks & Regards,
Kajal

Kajal Nigade
Asia/Kolkata

expertcr
Staff
Staff
Good morning.

in the past, we resolve we issue by re-installing Microsoft Office in the runtime resource.

Maybe this work also in your case.

Have a good day.

Luis Lopez
Customer Support Engineer English and Spanish
Blue Prism Ltd

vinodchinthakin
Level 9
Hi Guys,

Does any one able to resolve this issue ""ERROR: Internal: Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Cannot create ActiveX component."

I am facing the same issue when I am trying use "Get Received Items" action of Outlook VBO.  I am running the process through schedule and the error occurs  once or twice in a day.  

vinod chinthakindi

I am running into the same problem.  I'm not understanding the responses people are giving.  The linkto the MS Outlook Internal Error did not help.  Can someone explain what I need to do or what I'm doing wrong in a way that is easy to understand?

I'm still on 6.4

Thanks!
Jenna

Jenna Schnizlein

Hi @Jenna Schnizlein,

I suggest you go through below URL which I found useful.
https://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/Automation-Design/Application-Integration/Outlook/1526962862/How-do-I-fix-ActiveX-errors-when-running-the-Outlook-VBO.htm

Previously I used to get Active X component error twice in day, after applying solution which is mentioned in above URL, Now am receiving once in a 4-5 days.
Hope this solution may work for you.

Thanks & Regards
VINOD

vinod chinthakindi

Hi Daniel

In the machine you are trying to run your scheduled process on is the outlook application open? if it is this could be your problem. Close the application on the machine and double check in task manager there are no instances of outlook running then retry the process in the scheduler. As the vbo connects to outlook without opening the application then having the application already running can cause this error. 

Hope this helps 🙂

Michael ONeil
Technical Lead developer
Everis Consultancy
Europe/London

Thanks it has worked for me but now I am facing an issue while saving the attachments in the destination folder.

It works fine when outlook is open but when I do not open the outlook then it creates the problem.

Jaspreet Singh